UMEBOSHI - JAPANESE PICKLED PLUM


















Some years ago I was recommended to eat umeboshi because of a constant nausea that I was suffering from. This advice came from a nutritional therapist, specialized in Traditional Chinese Medicine.

Back then I never got to try out the health effects of umeboshi. Yesterday, however, I came across umeboshi in the food store - and have decided to try them out for the next week or so. I will have one of these strange looking pickled plums every morning and every night - dissolved in some water to make them more 'eatable'.

An Article on Mitoku.com describes the Health benefits of Umeboshi: 

"Besides their dramatic flavor, Japanese pickled plums have remarkable medicinal qualities. Their powerful acidity has a paradoxical alkalinizing effect one the body, neutralizing fatigue, stimulating the digestion, and promoting the elimination of toxins. 

This is the Far Eastern equivalent to both aspirin and apple; not only is it a potent hangover remedy for mornings after; more than that, an umeboshi a day is regarded as one of the best preventive medicines available."

1 comment:

  1. So how were they? Did they do all you had hoped? They sound interesting, I wonder if I'd be able to eat those being pregnant.

    ReplyDelete