INSPIRED BY A PURPLE DINNER
















A good friend of mine were having purple dinner the other day. She was in a depressive mood, due to some difficulties in her 'wanting to be' relationship, and she needed to cheer up. So what else could she do than make herself a purple meal..?

I had to smile when she told me what she had done. She was in the store, and bought all the purple vegetables she could find. There were some purple cabbage, purple onions and then some more, which she managed to put in the same pot and cooked it as a meal for cheering up.

What a great idea indeed.

We should learn from this dear friend of mine. Why don't we use the inspiration of colors more in our preparation while cooking. I notice that I always get an extra inspiration when I cook with colorful vegetables. So it is not only about the antioxidants in the colorful fruits and vegetables after all. It is also very much about the visual input.

During the wintertime, these small things and habits make a big difference in the mood. It stirs up some sensations inside of us that we otherwise don't allow to come forward in this cold season.

I am not in for a purple meal today. I will stick to my favorite color for the moment. Red - the color of Love. I will sip my orange-raspberry drink with delight, and plan for a happy colored meal tomorrow.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment