A TOUCH OF COLOR


















I'm trying to get rid of my lazy habits of not caring much about cooking for myself.

Its one thing to cook for more people, but when I'm alone, I tend to neglect the fact that I need food. And when I do sense this little hunger feeling inside my stomach I mostly prepare the easiest meals possible. Not that they are unhealthy - cause they are not - but it tends to be boring. An act of repetition.

Hopefully the fact that I am writing this blog will help me escape those unfortunate patterns. I'll need to be more aware of eating a various selection of meals. And because I have some issues with my gall bladder I have been encouraged to eat at least three warm meals a day.

So this is my new scheme. My new routine.

I started off today by going to the organic store, and bought a lot of colorful vegetables. And since it was my first day, I prepared a fairly simple meal - but nevertheless nutritious enough.

Pasta with vegetables and pesto was on my menu. I prepared the vegetables in a wok, so they wouldn't loose too much nutritional value - the pasta was cooked as normal and then I added olive oil and pesto in the end. 

And Voila! A colorful and healthy meal was on my table.


No comments:

Post a Comment