AN APPLE A DAY


















I like to cut my apple in pieces. I like to eat my apple like snacks. 

By doing this I am remembering my grandfather that used to eat his apple in the same way. I remember how I - as a young girl - carefully watched how he took this small fruit knife and sliced a piece of the apple and then ate it, or gave it to me. 

Oh! Such happy memories. 

As the saying goes: "An apple a day keeps the doctor away". I live by that saying. Not because it is necessarily true, but because I like apples. Yellow, green, red - in every color they come; I always make sure they are at hand at my home.

The health benefits of eating apples are many. Bastyrcenter.org reports that: 

"A new study conducted at Cornell University suggests that eating an apple a day can keep breast cancer away, and that eating apples (and other fruits and vegetables) is more effective at preventing cancer than taking supplements. 

The reason for this is what is now being called 'food synergy' - the unique mix of balanced, complex chemical components found in foods.."

No comments:

Post a Comment